Friday, November 3, 2017

Once Upon a Time Travel by Sariah Wilson

Once Upon a Time TravelOnce Upon a Time Travel by Sariah Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Super fun!

This was just the distraction I needed! I thought this was a fun and unique story and was sucked in from the start. It combines my two favorite genres, contemporary and regency, into one delightful story.

After loosing her parents at a young age, Emma Damon spent her early years bouncing from one foster home to the next. Never really having an actual home to call her own. She overcomes her trials and works hard putting herself through school. After graduation college she lands an internship (or something like that) at Hartley Hall in England, she jumps at the chance and figures this will be a good chance to figure out her next step in life. She is drawn to Hartley Hall and her life is changed forever when she's snooping one night and discovers a hidden door.

From the synopsis you already know that Emma gets transported back 200 years to 1816. It's always fun to think about time-travel, wondering what it would be like to go back in time, or jump 200 years in the future! I can't even imagine what the world will be like in 2217! I think going back in time would be a little easier since we have so many books about the time period and would sort of know what to expect. I thought Ms. Wilson did a great job showing the differences between the time periods and how hard it would be to acclimate to such different customs, etc.

I loved the characters, Emma, Hartley and Aunt Charles as well as the other supporting cast. Emma is a likable heroine who is struggling to adapt to 1816 norms and give up all our modern conveniences. Harley was a great broody regency hero. There's lots of tension and chemistry between the two and of course some swoony kisses! One thing I liked that sets this apart from other regencies, is I just didn't know how it would end. The time-travel element leaves things up in the air as you read so you're never really sure if Emma will stay or go or what will happen. I liked being kept on my toes, but knew Ms. Wilson would find a way for them (and me) to get a HEA.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one and would definitely recommend to any contemporary/regency fan!

Content
Romance: Clean - a few steamy kisses, but stays clean
Language: None, that I remember
Violence: None-very mild
Religious: None
Series: I SURE HOPE SO!

Looking for something similar? Try Once Upon a Lifetime, Prada & Prejudice

Source: Netgally




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!